Saturday, December 19, 2009

A Few More Things...

and then I will be up to date with our blog. I thought I better get all of these things in before Jacob's birthday and Christmas activities arrive. They will need plenty of space for themselves! So, a couple of other random things that I wanted to make a note of here. First of all, I must say that people can be so wonderful. I can't remember exactly which night it started on, Tuesday I think, but each night since then, someone has been coming by our house, ringing the doorbell and leaving. No, these aren't your average doorbell ditchers! =) When we get to the door and open it, no one is around, but there is a gift that has been left there. Most have come with a short spiritual message and activity to do which will help us remember Christ at this time of year. It's fun to watch as the kids try to get to the door fast enough to "catch" the person and then to bring the gift in and unwrap it and read the message together. Someone has really put a lot of time and effort into making these things and we are truly thankful for all of that work! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

This past week, John's group at work was informed that funding for the project they are currently working on will be ending soon. I think the last day of the current contract is January 31st. They try to assure them that there is still plenty of other work for them to do, but who knows what that will be. It's just not a real safe feeling at this point. I feel for John. I'm sure it is not easy working in that kind of unknown atmosphere. Luckily John is a really good worker, he actually loves what he is doing, and continues to make himself useful at work. Hopefully this will help in the coming months! As for now though, he has the next two weeks off for Christmas Break! Hooray!

A couple of days ago we also got a phone call from the Make A Wish foundation. We found out that they have talked to Bryce's Doctor and determined that Bryce is eligible for a wish. I'm not sure how that is suppose to make me feel. It's tough to admit that he may have a terminal illness and I'm not sure I'm ready to accept that yet. But, at the same time, if we are going to lose him within the next few years it would be wonderful to have an opportunity to do something as a family that will have lasting "good" memories for all of us. Wow, so weird and unreal to even be in this situation. Lots of tears. Anyway, more on that as it progresses.

Toward the beginning of the month we had a huge wind and rain storm out here. This little pet is what the rain brought in. We found him after coming home from school one day. The older boys had all run into the house and made a beeline to the kitchen like they normally do, I had brought Bryce in and was returning to the car to get Annalise when I looked down where I was walking and saw him just sitting there. All four of us had run right through this hallway and totally missed this guy. So, with the boys all gathered around watching, I disposed of this little creature and then continued on out to the car to get Annalise. Have I mentioned...that no matter how cool these animals look, I really don't like scorpions in my house!!!


This is a picture I took the other morning of three of the most adorable boys I have ever seen. They had all woken up early (no surprise) and were all snuggled up together on the couch! I love it when my kids are getting along!

2 comments:

laurie said...

Wow, you are a blogging machine these days, impressive!! So many exciting things at the Clayton farm, I may just need to hang out there more often.

Becca said...

Glad to hear about no seizures! The Make A Wish foundation part made me cry.