Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Lots of Good Things!

I know that I still need to write about Christmas, but good things just keep happening that I want to share. First of all, today is the first day that Bryce's temperature has been normal again. And no pain medication needed! He is still working on getting all the stuff out of his lungs, but he seems so much better. I am truly relieved!

Also, today my Mom called and said that they are thinking of coming for a visit. Hopefully that will work out! We would all love to see them again.

Tonight we hosted a pizza party with some old roommates of mine from when I was going to BYU. It was fun to visit with them again and see how much their kids are growing. Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures. I guess I was too busy talking! It sure was fun though. I've decided that how you can tell who your true friends are is if you can go without talking much or seeing each other for a year or so and then when you do get together, it is like no time has passed at all. That's how it was tonight with Janel and Lynette. The kids all had a good time together also, although the boys aren't looking forward to helping me clean the toy room tomorrow. I don't think there is much left on the shelves at the moment!

My sister, Sheri, came down yesterday and took all of my kids on a walk down to the candy store for some ice-cream. When they returned she took the three older boys up to her house for the night. These are a couple of pictures of the boys all dressed up to go. Jacob had just gotten that sombrero from John and decided that he needed to wear it to Sheri's house.






















While the older kids were gone, John, Bryce, Annalise, and I went out on a date. For Christmas John had surprised me with a "Chinese knock-off" iPhone. After playing with it for a while we discovered that, even though it was cheaper, it was not worth the price he had payed. OK, it was really a piece of junk. So, Tuesday night the four of us went out looking at and trying cell phones. There are a few specific things I was looking for and since John has been out of the cell phone business for a while now, we really didn't know what was out there. It was really weird to be buying a cell phone. Up until a couple of years ago when John left Motorola, we would just use the old phones he had been working on. It was great! Until this morning when we finally made our choice, I had never had to pay for a cell phone! Anyway, so we looked at a lot of phones and then had dinner at Paradise bakery...one of my favorite places. By that time both of the little ones had had enough and were beyond ready for bed. We went home, put them down and did a little more work online. Then this morning we called up AT&T and got set up with the iPhone 3GS! I am loving it! Actually John and I are both having a lot of fun with it. When Sheri brought the boys home this morning, she gave me a few tips about the iPhone as well. It is going to take a little getting used to, but I think I can handle it! =)

No comments: