Saturday, April 25, 2009

April 17

Friday I left the kids with Alea while my mom and I had a little girls day out. We had so much fun. We went over to Ikea to pick up the crib that I have been wanting for quite some time. I saw it many years ago, but it's white and kind of girly and the one we were using was working fine at the time, so I have just been waiting until now to get it. Since we are having a girl, I have finally been able to justify it and am so excited about it. We'll unfortunately it is currently out of stock. Bummer. I hope they get more in soon. We went ahead and bought the mattress and of course a few other things we saw and then headed to Babies R Us. There we looked for a new rocking chair since ours no longer rocks. I can't believe how expensive these have gotten. We ended up finding one that I liked more than the others and it was on clearance. I love it when that happens! On top of that, they were having a sale that when you buy the glider you get the ottoman for free! They didn't have any currently in stock, but they ordered it for me and it should be in any day. We then went to Mimi's Cafe for a late lunch and then headed for home. It was a great day out with my mom.

Unfortunately things didn't go so well at home. I called to check in while we were at lunch and Alea said that Bryce was crying a lot but she had not been able to get him down for a nap. I gave her a few ideas and then asked if he had eaten lunch for her. She said that she had asked him if he wanted to eat and he would shake his head no, so she hadn't fed him yet. We'll Bryce doesn't always understand what he is being asked, so I told her to go ahead and put him up in his high chair and put some food in front of him and that he would most likely eat it. She did, and he did! Poor kid. I decided to head home after lunch and then go back out to Costco later. When we got home, he had eaten and had calmed down. We then took him with us to Costco and he fell right to sleep in the car. We got what we needed for Saturday and a pizza for dinner and headed home for the evening. It was really nice to spend some time with my mom.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It's funny how people w/o children don't always get it. Derrick always says no, then yes, then no, then yes. He's not happy unless, I've asked him the same question three or four times in a row and he's contradicted himself three or four times. Most of the time, I don't ask anymore. I just provide.

Jake and Jenny said...

That is awesome that you got some time out with your Mom. That crib at Ikea is really cute! I love Ikea!

laurie said...

Every mom needs a day out here and there. I'm so glad to have the means to do that. I want to see pictures of your crib when you get it. It's all very exciting!