Saturday, April 25, 2009

Sunday April 19th

Saturday at the baptism, Bishop Carroll asked William and Devin to sit up in the front with him at the beginning of the meeting. They received their certificates of baptism and then were able to come sit with the family again. Only William didn't realize he could come back and sit with us, so he ended up sitting on the stand throughout the whole meeting. I felt kind of bad for him. It's hard sitting up there in front that whole time. He did a great job though and behaved much better than he ever does when he sits with us!

As many of you know, I was paranoid about someone in our family getting sick this past week since we had so many things going on that I didn't want anyone to miss (namely me!). We'll it's amazing how prayers work. I prayed hard for this blessing and received exactly what I ask for. We all stayed well through Sunday morning. On the way home from church William kept saying that he was so tired. I figured it was just because of the big weekend he had just had. But when we got home he said he was cold and covered up in a big blanket and kept saying he was so tired and then that he didn't feel well. I decided to take his temperature and sure enough he was running a fever. I gave him some medicine and he fell asleep for a few hours. When the medicine wore off he was complaining of a sore throat. By the next morning Bryce had a runny nose and a yucky cough. I just kept thinking how thankful I was that none of this happened before Sunday.

It ended up that poor William had strep throat and actually ended up missing an entire week of school! He could have gone back on Friday, but when I talked to his teacher Thursday, she gave me a handful of work for him and said to just keep him home one more day. She said that a lot of kids have been out sick and we might as well make sure he is fully well before going back. Friday is basically just tests, PE, and music day and he hadn't been there all week so she said she would just not factor that week into his grade. Cool for him! We spent Friday catching up on homework and music practice. I think he will be glad to go back to school next week.

No comments: