Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter

It's been a good Easter weekend. It started Friday morning with an Easter egg hunt at the Allen's house. I couldn't find my camera that morning, so I don't have pictures of that, but I did get one of the colored chicks that ended up coming home with us. Yes they are died blue and orange. The boys have named them Domino and Wally.


The boys woke up Sunday morning to baskets from
the Easter bunny. Here William is trying to decide
which basket should be his. He didn't end up picking
the one which was intended for him, but they
were all pretty much the same this year anyway.


Spencer was happy with the one he got!


At first Bryce just kept turning his basket around
and around. Then he discovered there were
things inside and he decided to check them out.


After a breakfast of Chocolate, eggs, and little smokies, we sent Dad off to church since he had to be there early for choir practice and then got everyone else bathed and ready to go. Luckily the boys were very cooperative and we made it to church just in time for our 8:oo meeting! John had saved us a seat but only got to sit with us through the Sacrament. After that he was up on the stand with the choir. They did a really good job today. I know they were a little worried about one of the songs. After church, William met with the Bishop for his baptismal interview. We then came home had some lunch and Bryce and I took a nice nap. After Sacrament meeting and nursery we were both ready for one!
This evening the sister missionaries came over and had Easter dinner with us. I forgot to pull the camera out until we were eating dessert, but at least I got a few shots. It was so nice to have company for our holiday dinner.
Sister Pieper, Sister Uhl, and Sister Garcia
I guess Bryce thought he needed more pie!

Chocolate overload? I think so!


After dinner we went outside to pick some grapefruits
for the sisters. There was one grapefruit that Sister
Uhl just had to get, and with the help of her companions
she got it.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Happy Easter! It sounds like you all had a great day!

Jake and Jenny said...

What a fun Easter! I love the picture of Bryce with the chocolate pie, too funny! How fun to have the sister Missionaries over for Easter!

laurie said...

I love seeing how everyone else celebrates holidays. The pie licking is the best! I'm sure the missionaries appreciated a nice family Easter. In case no one ever says it - we TOTALLY appreciate all you do in nursery!