Friday, March 6, 2009

Good things about today

It seems like with all the illness and stuff going around (I'm sick now...grrr), I've been more negative this week than I would like to be. As I was picking William up from school today I was thinking of some of the good things that are happening now. First of all, we were very glad to hear that little Scott's head surgery went well and he is recovering fine now. He is our 3 month old nephew who lives in Colorado who was born with a condition called craniosynostosis. It's where the plates in his head are already fussed together so his poor little brain doesn't have room to grow right. So he had to have surgery to separate those bones. From what we hear he came through it just fine and is doing well now.

Another thing that is making me happy today is that the Nulls are coming into town. They will be staying in our guest house. We are all excited to see them. And I love to see our little house getting some good use.

Also it's Friday. No school or weekday hassle for 2 days. Today that is a double blessing, because it means that dress up week at school is over. The boys love to dress up, but I'm just not so good at coming up with things for them each day or coming up with how to create the look they have decided they want. We went through 3 costumes this morning before Jacob decided that Peter from Narnia was a good choice for a favorite storybook character. Also only one week until spring break! Some kids are on spring break this coming week, which is great because there will be babysitters available during the day. I don't know if I will need any, but hey, it's nice to know they're available just in case! Maybe I'll get a babysitter one day this week and escape out to the "guest house" for bubble bath and a nice long nap. ohhh that sounds great.

I'm also really thankful for good doctors. We got to go see the pediatrician again today because Bryce's cough has moved into his lungs. We drive a little way to see her, but she and all the staff there are so great with the kids. I also love our dentist. We finished dentist appointments for this 6 months yesterday with no cavities or issues. They boys are bummed because they don't get to go back for another 6 months, but we are thrilled that we don't have to shell out any money for baby teeth!

Ok, there are a lot of other good things going on right now that I was thinking about while I was in the car. I knew I should have written them down right away. Anyway, these are some of the highlights that are in my mind this afternoon. I'm looking forward to a good weekend!

4 comments:

Jake and Jenny said...

I am not very good at dress up day either! How fun to have the Null's stay with you this weekend!

laurie said...

So glad to hear things are looking up here and there. They are always there if we look hard enough! I hate this dumb dress up week. It's like halloween 5 days in a row. No thanks! Couldn't they just do easy things like crazy hair day or something? I'm sure my girls would love to get out of the house a little if you need them. (i use need loosely)

Tammy said...

That's exactly what I said this morning, why can't it just be crazy hair day! I'll keep your girls in mind. Thanks a bunch!

Unknown said...

That bubble bath idea sounds great! Few problems in life aren't greatly improved greatly by a good hot soak!