Sunday, March 22, 2009

Nesting

I think that I am officially nesting! We've been trying to think of how we would be doing the whole bedroom thing once our little girl gets here. We've had a few ideas, but it finally all clicked on Friday while my boys were out with my sister. Our house is built with the master bedroom on one side of the house and the other two bedrooms on the other side. I think this will be great once the kids are older, but I don't really like having them across the house now while they are young. I like having them close during the night. Needless to say, Bryce has been in our room pretty much since he was born over two years ago. I figured we could just plan on having 2 kids in our room, or do some rearranging. We decided to do some rearranging. So...the three older boys will have the master bedroom and bathroom (which is where they like to take baths anyway!), Bryce and the baby will be in the "yellow room", and John and I will be in the one just across from that one. John is very excited about our new room because as he gets up from bed he can look out the window and see straight across to his barn. He says it's great because it reminds him of all the fun projects he will be able to do! There is also a door going to the outside in that room, so he can still easily head out to feed the animals first thing in the morning.

Anyway, in order to make this all happen, a lot of moving had to be done. So when we got up Saturday morning we set to work. I told John that the goals for the day were to get all the beds moved and to avoid ending up in the hospital with pre-term labor contractions. Luckily at the end of the day, both of those had been accomplished! As John took the beds out of one room, I would vacuum and shampoo the carpets and then we would move another bed in. It was kind of crazy, but it all worked out quite well. The boys even got in on the fun and they are very excited to have the "big room" as theirs for now.

I walked into our bedroom and saw John "moving" the king
size mattress. I knew it was time to grab the camera! Then
I helped him.


The boys all had fun helping to move their beds. Luckily
we didn't have to take those totally apart. They named
their way of maneuvering around walls the "secret slider".


The yellow room really needs to be painted, but we decided
that for now a good cleaning and some touch up paint would
work fine.


A boy who LOVES to work with his dad.


Jacob loved using the power drill to unscrew the screws from
our bed and then screw them in again in our new room. He
is going to make a great cub scout one day!



There is still a whole lot of work to be done in order to have everyone's clothes and other stuff in the right rooms and places, but we feel like we got a great head start on it Saturday. Most of the heavy stuff has now been moved. We also listed a bunch of stuff on craigslist to sell and freecycle to give away. I am hoping to earn enough money to buy a new crib and a nice rocking chair for the baby's room. We ended the night by renting a movie and, taking the baby monitor with us, going over to the guest house for movie, popcorn, and chocolates! It made it feel more like a date by going to the other house! It was a nice relaxing way to end the day.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that feeling of knowing the carpets in the whole room are clean because you just moved the furniture around. And you do know that cub scouts are not allowed to use power tools of any kind, right?

Tammy said...

Oh that's right. I forgot about that. Very good rule though!

laurie said...

What an undertaking! I'm impressed you gave up the master bedroom. I love that you have "another" house to escape to. I'm going to have to start considering that one!

Jodi said...

I love your pictures, especially the one of John moving the mattress!!! So funny--how clever of you to grab the camera in the midst of the chaos! Sounds like you are almost ready for your little girl--I can't wait to see her!

Jake and Jenny said...

What a big job! It will be nice to have that done before the baby is here that is why there is "nesting"!

Becca said...

The picture of John moving the mattress made me laugh because I'm pretty sure I've seen Vaughn do the same thing, or something very similar!

I also love the quotes on the sidebar.