Sunday, March 1, 2009

Time for an update

Wow, this week flew past really quickly. A good part of it has been spent talking with Dr's, reapplying for long term care, looking at therapy alternatives for Bryce etc. It's been an emotional week. Luckily, this weekend has been a nice break. Friday morning I was suppose to meet up with an old friend of mine from our Scottsdale ward for "Brunch", but she wasn't able to make it, so we planned to meet Saturday morning. This ended up being even better because I ended up with a burst of energy Friday morning and was able to clean all three bathrooms, do some laundry, and go through a bunch of baby boy clothes that I have been wanting to get over to a friend of mine before she has her baby. And since I needed to be here to get my kindergartner at 11:15, I thought that doing brunch on Friday might be a little rushed. Then Friday afternoon I fell asleep with Bryce during nap time while Spencer and Jacob stayed busy playing the Wii. We then picked kids up from school and after dropping Nicole off at her house I headed to Costco with the boys. Not my idea of fun, but they had called and said that William's glasses were in. Since he lost his a couple of weeks ago and he had been complaining all week of a headache and not being able to see, I thought it was pretty important that we get them sooner rather than later! We picked up 2 pairs this time! We also picked up a pizza for dinner and a few other things, then headed home.

As I walked in the garage door, I saw a friend coming in the front door with her children, one of which often babysits for us. John announced that he had a surprise for me and that we were going out. Although surprises like that are a little stressful at the moment, it ended up being a great, relaxing evening out and everything went just beautifully at home. We went to Texas roadhouse for dinner, which is one of my favorites and then went to see the movie Push. This was the first time we have ever gone to Texas roadhouse and did not have to wait for a seat. It was great! It was also nice to have a fantastic waiter. My water cup never even got close to empty!

Then Saturday I met up with Shellie at Mimi's Cafe. I had never been there before. It was delicious and it was great getting to talk with her again. I took Bryce with me since John planned to work in the yard all day. He is getting a garden started for us! Shellie brought me some Reliv products for Bryce and a bag full of VERY cute girl clothes. Hopefully we can get together again soon. It's hard to do since she has moved to Avondale and we are here in Queen Creek, but that's how I tell a true friend...one that when you talk to them after a long period of time, it's like no time has passed at!

Nursery today was so small. We only had 5 children there. One of those was there with his mom because he is not quite 18 months old. In a lot of ways, it's nice to have a small group, but we really miss the kids when they are not there. I hope they are all well. It's still really hard for me to be in nursery and see all the kids that are Bryce's age and younger jumping around and really participating in the activities we have planned while Bryce is not able to. We make it work though and he seems to love nursery anyway. Working with Marc and Whitney Lemieux is fantastic! They are going to be great parents here real soon!

Tomorrow we start another busy week with my 28th week Dr's visit. It's the one where I get to drink that yucky juice stuff and have blood drawn to check for gestational diabetes. Let's hope that all goes well! Then of course dentist appointments, hopefully some therapies, school, music classes, preschool, and meetings at the school. Only 2 weeks until spring break. I can't wait!

2 comments:

laurie said...

you had a crazy week! Sounds like your weekend was filled with some much needed "non-mom" time. I hate the glucose test. I still can't drink orange soda without gagging. You two are wonderful in nursery and we are very blessed to have our children in your care. I'm sure it's not always the easiest calling, but I know they are loved. At least with so much going on, maybe the weeks of pregnancy will go a little faster!

Jake and Jenny said...

Glad your busy week ended with some fun! I cant beleive Tessa will be in nursery this year! I dont want to think of that yet.