Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Xtreme Play=extreme waste of money!

Yesterday our activity for the day was going to Xtreme play in Mesa. William and Jacob had each gotten a free pass through their music class so we decided to give it a try. I was not impressed! At first, it looked like a lot of fun. They have about 6 bounce houses there. The boys set off to bounce and slide and have a good time. Well, that lasted for about 45 minutes..maybe. Then they noticed the video game station and wanted to sit and play video games the rest of the time we were there. This is set up right at the front of the building and they have 6 different video and Wii games. When I noticed that the boys were playing Wii sports, which we have at home, I decided it was time to go. I figured they could do that at home while I got something done. We had some overpriced pizza for lunch there and soon headed home. When I asked the boys what their favorite part of the day was, they said playing video games. Spencer did finally say that the small slide was his favorite, so I was glad for that. All I can say is that I am glad we had some free passes and they didn't charge for Bryce, or it really would have not been worth it. Even the toddler area was pathetic. They had a small area gated off which had a few little toys (most were ones we have here) and that was it. I guess it was nice to get out of the house for a couple of hours, but for $8.75 per child, I was expecting a bit more.

2 comments:

laurie said...

We saw that one night. It did look fun. Glad to have you try it out first! I think video games are evil, but that's just me. My kids do that if I take them to Mcdonalds. It's really aggravating.

Unknown said...

Sorry you had such a bad time, but good to know that place is no good!