Monday, March 2, 2009

Sick kids=change of plans

It's amazing how quickly plans can change when your children wake up sick. Bryce was up most of the night with a fever and cough and Jacob woke up this morning covered from head to foot in a rash. So, I spent the morning calling and rearranging the plans that I had scheduled and decided to take the boys into the Dr. Normally I would not take Bryce in so soon, but I figured since I was taking Jacob in, I'd have her check Bryce over while we were there. It looks like Jacob most likely has fifth disease. She said that he may have the rash on and off for up to a month. Luckily he is no longer contagious. I guess he was contagious like a week or so ago when he had mild cold symptoms and maybe a fever (although he never had a fever as far as I know). So, I'm sorry if we infected anyone without knowing it. Luckily it's just a virus and the rash does not seem to be bothersome at all to Jacob and once a person has it, they are generally immune to it. The only people who it could be troublesome for is pregnant ladies usually in the first trimester. His Dr said to call my OB just to be safe. As common as it actually is, I bet I've already had it sometime in my life and me and baby will be just fine. Bryce's looks like a virus also, very possibly the same thing or maybe Roseola which is related. We will just ride this out and see if he develops a rash. Oh, the joys of parenting. Never a dull moment!

5 comments:

Julie said...

John and Tammy,
Had to laugh--we have Fifth's over here too. (Amazing what pops up among little ones, isn't it.) God bless you. Hope everything works out with you and your little ones.

Heather said...

Sick kids is never fun. Hey I don't have a current email for you and I wanted to see if I can still pop over tomorrow night with my sexy manly raspy voice? Email me your email.

laurie said...

Yuck. Nothing like some phlegm and a rash to ruin all your plans. I guess that's what we signed up for. Not that I like sick kids, but you have to love them just a little more when they are in that helpless "need you" state. good luck!

Shelli said...

Give me a call- I have some suggestions for you.

Unknown said...

I love the quotes on the sidebar!!