Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Tears, tears, and more tears

I don't know what it is about today, but everyone around here is so whiny and fussy. It started with Spencer waking up this morning crying because he didn't want to go to school. Well, he doesn't go to preschool until noon, so I wasn't too worried about that. I figured he would be fine by then. Then I dropped Spencer and Bryce at Valerie's house so that I could go to my OB appt. Bryce cried. He never cries for Valerie! So then I went to my appt. Everything is fine with baby. Great news. The problem was that they had to take my blood after I drank that yucky drink. They had to poke me 3 times before they got blood. Just as she finishes, the dr comes out and reminds her that they need to check my blood for fifth disease as well. So another poke, only she couldn't get more blood, so she sent me to the lab. They ended up drawing from my hand. So 5 pokes later and they have what they need. I could have cried...but I didn't!

Then on to pick up the younger boys and off to get Jacob and Nathan from school. I drive up and see that Jacob is crying. He got in the car and said that the aide in his class said something mean to him, but that is all he would tell me. He finally told me later that she told him to get started on his work. OK, I think he may have been a little over sensitive. Poor kid. Spencer then starts in again on not wanting to go to school and so I figure, it's preschool, we'll just skip it today. On the way home, we pick up the mail. Today is the day that we got the official letter from DES stating that as of March 13 Bryce's services will no longer be available. Ok, so we get home have some lunch and one of Bryce's therapists comes. He cries and wants to cling to me the whole time she is there. Normally he loves playing with his therapists. As soon as the therapist leaves, Nathan and Jacob come in and Nathan, who came over to play with Jacob, is crying. I asked him what was wrong and he said that he misses his mom, dad, and sister. I can't convince him that everything will be fine, so I call his mom and he heads for home. Then Spencer starts talking about preschool and how he actually wanted to go and he bursts into tears when I tell him it is over. So, by now it is almost time to pick up William from school and to late to put Bryce down for his afternoon nap, so we get into the car, give Bryce his binky so that he will fall asleep and head to McDonald's for ice cream cones that we eat in the car while waiting for William. Luckily when William got to the car he had a huge smile on his face and the cones were gone, so he didn't know he missed out this time...or he would have cried. Hopefully the rest of the evening will be filled with more smiles and less tears!

3 comments:

laurie said...

I really think you should be crying right now! What a rough day. I'm pretty sure I would have cried at being poked 5 times, not to mention making me go somewhere else. Hope tomorrow has a little more sunshine!

Jake and Jenny said...

What a day! When it rains tears it seems to pour. Ice Cream was such a good idea!

Unknown said...

Hope today was a happier day. They're probably so fussy because of fifth disease and whatever else may be going around.